Why should you not plagiarise?
Plagiarism: the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.
Nowadays people don't want to spend hours to get a new idea or work on their own idea but to steal someone's work. A few months ago I have only heard about this word but never faced this. But now I am seeing many content creators just copying. Whoever is reading this post, I hope you don't do that.
Firstly we should understand why someone is copying our work.
Reasons for plagiarism
- They have a lack of knowledge of that particular field.
- They don't want to waste their time thinking of new ideas.
- It's easy.
- They think that no one will know.
- They want to create a fan base.
- They just collect already famous work and put their name on that.
- They are afraid that people won't like their work (maybe), and in the future people won't read.
Why is it wrong?
The most important thing is the person who puts effort into making that content will be hurt, yes! S/He spends hours just to make that content, after learning that, and in just a few hours someone stole it. How would that feel?
S/He can't grow as a learner. They will keep copying stuff.
The guilt and fear will always be there.
What to do when you see a plagiarized content?
Just report that!
The best advice is that just avoid it. You can always get some idea through another person's work but don't just copy the whole thing. If you do make sure to give them the credit they deserve.
Interested in reading more such articles from Seema Saharan?
Support the author by donating an amount of your choice.